SwagBucks

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol

After successfully avoiding the entire show this season, I did sit through the season finale. I enjoyed some of the big names and they did put on a great show. LOVED the Queen appearance at the end with "We are the Champions." Good times.

Does Fox not realize this is a family show? Do they not know that early elementary kids watch this show week after week and would be tuning into the finale? I can't believe they did "If You Want my Body." Glad String Bean is too young to ask what that means.

It was fun to see Steve Martin up there with his banjo and I liked his song except for the lyric about "would you sleep with me if I bought you dinner" or whatever the exact words were.

What happened with the whole Black Eyed Peas/Fergie thing that they cut to a still shot with no sound in the middle of the song? I couldn't understand the lyrics at all (the beat was good!), so I can only assume that something did not go right and what we saw was the censorship of the broadcast.

Congratulations, Kris. I know several Facebook friends who are thrilled at the moment.

Fox: tsk, tsk, tsk. Shame on you.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm totally with you about the family show thing. There was a song played by an artist earlier this season which...is pretty much THE worst song I have EVER heard, and I haven't been hiding under a rock the past 20 years....I was going to call the network but forgot...