SwagBucks

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Crock Pot Creation

Mr. Bean asked me today why I have been doing so much cooking lately. I think the answer lies within the magic of the crock pot. I just love it.

Tonight I made chicken in the pot which is the first time I've ever tried chicken. Here is my recipe:

Chicken Stew-like Yummy Food
Chicken Breasts
Family size cream of chicken condensed soup
milk
celery
1/2 onion (or more)
garlic
salt
pepper

Defrost chicken. Combine cream of chicken soup and 1/2 of its can full of milk in the crock pot. Add garlic, salt and pepper to your liking and stir. Coarsely chop celery (I used 3 stalks) and add to pot. Finely chop onion and add to pot. Add chicken last and be sure it is smothered in mixture.

Leave in fridge overnight, or begin cooking. Set on low for 6 to 8 hours. Once chicken is cooked, shred it by using a wooden spoon. It should fall apart pretty easily.

Serve over rice, biscuits, toast, or potatoes....or...or even plain! (To borrow a line from Holiday Inn.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got your e-mail I will send it off soon, oh and thanks for sharing the recipe it sounds so yummy:)