SwagBucks

Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

If you're on Facebook, you've probably done this or read some of these.

1. My favorite color is yellow, if you want to get really specific, open up a box of Crayola crayons and find the one called Dandelion. Now bask in its warmth and glow.
2. Motion activated devises don't acknowledge me. In order to get light on our garage to tun on, I have to jump up and down and wave my arms. In public restrooms, I either have to wait for someone else to get me a towel or just dry my hands on my pants.
3. It might be because my normal body temperature is only 97.5.
4. I'm 5'7" tall, but people usually think I'm taller than that.
5. I'm very disorganized.
6. I'm very bad housekeeper.
7. I'm a pretty good cook.
8. Growing up, I always wanted to be a mom and a singer.
9. In high school, I had to play basketball and volleyball wearing culottes.
10. No matter how fashionable culottes and gaucho pants become, I will never be caught wearing them again.
11. I'm a hoot, once you get to know me.
12. I love to read, but only fiction. This might make me shallow, but I'm okay with that.
13. I took spanking out of my parenting toolbox when I heard the doctor describing Prader-Willi Syndrome to me.
14. I hate making phone calls. I get super nervous and try to rehearse them whenever I am forced to call someone, except my mom or husband.
15. I'm one of the most introverted and shy people I've ever known.
16. My new hobby is making jewelry. I'm told I have a knack.
17. I have a hard time focusing on anything for long peri
18. Huh?
19. I was the Valedictorian of my senior class in high school.
20. Which is much less impressive, when I tell you there were only 7 people in my class.
21. I never truly understood grace until I experienced so fully during Phillip's NICU stay and first few months.
22. I can insert an NG tube in a neonate. (My mom, mother-in-law and 3 of my sisters-in-law are nurses and have never done this.)
23. My daughter still breastfeeds because nursing is easier than weaning.
24. I have a very serious caffeine addiction. I can't live without my Cokes.
25. My husband is the best father I have ever known.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with the culottes. Nothing like going to an ultra conservative school. But then again, it was all I knew. And I totally have the phone phobia, to this day I hate calling people which is why an email response is so much easier for parties and showers than a phone call.

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out why Grandnut C isn't here to attest to #25.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I have not posted lately, I have been sooooo busy. I can attest to # 25. Filbert is a great dad. The best! Did you know he is reading the Chronicles of Narnia to Walnut and Peanut? They are 6 and 3. It can only be good. Also Hazel is a great!! cook. And she is a hoot. You should have been at out Chistmas get-together when Mr. Darcy's name came up. We howled with laughter. She's a great mom!
Don't let her tell you otherwise.
Well, enough is enough. You know how mom's like to carry on.

John said...

I like culottes but never wear them either regardless of how fashionable they may be.

Also, I'm sure you would have been a valedictorian even if the class had been much larger. Scores or hundreds even.