SwagBucks

Thursday, January 1, 2009

So, This is the New Year

Like most of you, my husband and I rang in the New Year at midnight last night. Then, of course, we slept as late as possible this morning. So, this is the new year. Welcome 2009.

Here are some things I hope to see come to fruition this year:
  1. Mr. Bean getting a raise. So, we got a letter from his place of employment letting us know that there would be no raises this year due to the downturn in the economy and a 232 million loss in the investments of the company. Bummer. I'm hoping for an economic turn-around so that raise comes back. We've got until July, people!
  2. Continued health and wellness for my family. We ended the last 6 weeks of 2008 with String Bean's first illness and her passing it along to me. I hope we remain healthy in 2009 with very little illness and continued growth for String Bean in height, weight, intellect, and awareness of the world around her.
  3. Growth in our church family. Of course, I want to see spiritual growth, but I'd also like to see growth of the 20s, 30s, and 40s age group of our church. We are lacking in the "younger adults" (and by extension "younger families")department and could use some new faces. Mr. Bean and I would like to see more of our peers at our place of worship.
I could probably make a long list of things, but these are the top 3 that I am trusting God for. What are you trusting God for this new year?

1 comment: