SwagBucks

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Grace

Grace is what I'm thankful for this year. Actually not just this year, since Peanut was born I've been thankful for grace. I had never really experienced grace, until then. Even though I didn't know it, God began pouring His grace on me while I was pregnant with Peanut. It was grace that kept me from having all sorts of tests and worry to find out why this baby didn't move. It was grace that allowed me over 7 months with Peanut, safe and "normal" inside. It was grace that kept my heart soft, when it would have been so easy to become bitter. It was grace that shielded my eyes from from the limp, lifeless baby that others were seeing. It was grace that hardened my resolve to be a better parent for this special child. It is grace that gets me out of bed every morning. It is grace that showed me I am not a failure and it is grace that taught me to accept help.

I never thought much about grace until it flowed on me so abundantly, but now, I want to live grace in my life daily. I wish I could find the words to explain what grace means to me, but I can't even begin. One of these days I'm going to paint the word "grace" in every room of my house as a reminder to never forget and to always be thankful.

3 comments:

Christy said...

That's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Amy is my hero, now you know why.

Anonymous said...

God's grace is really indescribable, isn't it?