- No longer am I allowed to button her jacket.
- Nor unbutton it.
- Shoes are apparently up to the wearer to pick and put on.
- And take off.
- If I give String Bean two choices of dresses to wear, she will chose neither. It is as if she is saying, "I need options, Mom!" (I had my best success when I laid 9 dresses on her bed and sent her into her room alone to pick out one.)
- When told, "You are wearing your monkey pajama pants," a toddler remembers that she has 2 pairs of monkey pajama pants. No matter which one I pull out, it would be the wrong one. Tears follow.
- Although coloring is a favorite activity, if it is my idea, String Bean isn't interested...until 15 minutes later.
- Leaving the house has become a chore. "I need this," is the common cry I hear as String Bean goes around the house picking up random objects and toys to take along on the quick run to pick up the babysitter.
- Don't get me started on accessories.
Wanderlust itch? Stream these shows.
9 hours ago