SwagBucks

Sunday, September 6, 2009

False Alarm

1:30 am. I woke up from a deep sleep because I heard a noise that penetrated our front door, our bedroom door, and could be heard over the hum of our fan. The fire alarm was going off. We looked in the hallway and neither saw smoke or smelled it. Since we are on the first floor of our building, we figured we'd be OK if we waited until the Fire Department showed up or we smelled smoke (besides we have a back door, ground floor exit).

We looked out the window and sitting in our backyard at one of the picnic tables was a man with a mustache. His mustache was glowing in the dark.

I would have thought I was dreaming all of this except a neighbor asked me what the deal was with the fire alarm in the middle of the night. Found out it was a malfunction in a sensor on one of the other floors.

My family should rest well knowing I hear the fire alarm in the middle of the night.

No comments: