SwagBucks

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Football Widow

The football season brings great joy to Mr. Bean. He can often be heard singing, "It's the most wonderful time of the year...." as he dons his Chicago Bears jersey. Sunday afternoon naps are scheduled around the game times.

Phone calls to Mr. Bean's brother are frequent during games. Boys are invited over to our house to watch the festivities. And I can't carry on a conversation with any of them except possibly during the commercials. It all depends on how horrible or awesome the play was before the commercial break.

Halftime is my saving grace, but is occasionally trumped by a quick snooze to prepare for the second half.

The final preseason game is on tonight. Its conclusion marks the beginning of the football season and brings along with it temporary widow-dom for me and millions of wives across the nation.

Should I start a support group for this?

2 comments:

amo (amanda) said...

hahahaha! It's for this reason alone that I started up a Celebrity Fantasy Boy Draft (fantasyboydraft.weebly.com). Guys are drones during football season! ;) I hope halftime is good to you :D

Unknown said...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I was already a football fan when I met Hubby, so we enjoy watching games together. Although he's a Bears fan and I'm a Steelers fan. But it works.

I'm not much into fantasy football, but I think you should get into something like that so you at least don't feel like a widow.