SwagBucks

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Words We Say

I've found myself in a position of having to report someone for the words they've said. I *think* those words were said innocently, but how can I know for sure? Did the other party take it as an innocent joke between friends or not?

He who guards his mouth and his tongue, guards his soul from troubles. Proverbs 21:23 (NASB)

I'm reminded of my constant need to be careful of what I say for "from the same mouth come blessing and cursing." (James 3:10, NASB)

I prefer to be a blessing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My tongue is my biggest enemy, sometimes. It reminds me of that old childrens song..."oh be careful little tongue what you say..."

Angela said...

It's better to say something at the beginning of a problem - it's better for everyone :) wtg!

Christy said...

I like the proverb (wish I knew where it was located in the Bible) that says you look wise when you keep your mouth shut.

Mandie said...

Is it Proverbs 10:19?

When words are many, sin is not absent,but he who holds his tongue is wise.