SwagBucks

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tearjerkers


I got suckered into Oprah today. She was talking about miracle children who have overcome all sorts of odds. I don't generally watch Oprah because I don't agree with a lot of her new-age philosophies, but there are a couple (like tomorrow's interview with Marion Jones!) that I get sucked into.

The end of the movie, The Incredible Journey, also does this to me. Something about those precious pets coming over the hill and seeing their boy just springs up happy tears of joy that I can't hold back.

When Mr. Bean cut the hospital identification tags off String Bean's ankles, that was a tearjerker, too.

This reminds me of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Deborah makes herself cry because she says it just feels good to cry. Of course Raymond tries it and ends up not being able to cry, so he turns on the radio and he starts dancing to Lady Marmalade instead.

Of course, there are tearjerkers that come from laughing too hard. YouTube is a great source for finding those. Just type in "German Prank" and be prepared to laugh until you cry.

What are some of your favorite tearjerker moments (happy or sad)?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your dad's laugh-out-loud belly laugh!

Unknown said...

I tear up when i think of how blessed I am to be a mom. I tear up sometimes when I'm singing a lullaby to my Ladybug.

Thanks for your comment on my saggy maggies post. Since there were 2 of you asking the same question, I just posted the answer in the comment section too.

Anonymous said...

I teared up during the anointing.

Before that I think it was when the bears lost the super bowl. Maybe, I don't remember.

Anonymous said...

Bears Super Bowl loss--*definitely* a tear-jerker.