SwagBucks

Friday, October 24, 2008

Lazier Housewife

Oh dear, I thought I would have a little bit more time for you all to get to know me, but since Mandie brought it up, I might as well just admit it. I am a Messie, yes, Messie with a capital M. They write books about me. Books that I don't read, I just hear about them. People tell me about the Flylady all the time. I went to the Flylady's website once, and just reading about it wore me out so much I had to take a nap.

One of my problems is that I'm easily distracted. (Since I started writing this, I've gotten up from the computer twice.) Let's say I'm in the kitchen and need the crockpot, which we keep in the linen closet. I walk toward the closet, but on my way, I glance into Cashew's room and notice the laundry basket is overflowing. I stop and put some clothes in the washer. Then Walnut needs to know why the sky is blue. I say something vague about fractals and then say "Ask Daddy when he gets home." Then I walk past a bookshelf and remember that I have to go to the bathroom. There are toys in the bathroom that don't belong there, so I decide to be productive and put them away, so it's off to the family room, but Peanut needs a cracker and Cashew needs whatever Peanut needs, and one of them stinks, so I have to change diapers. The diaper pail is full so I take it too the laundry room. The washer and dryer are both full and so are all the laundry baskets, so I sit down to fold clothes. Hey, there's the computer! Yay!

What's for dinner?

4 comments:

Mandie said...

That doesn't sound lazy to me. That sounds like "Distracted Housewife"!

Dinner? We are going out to eat unless Brian plans on cooking...

Amy said...

You are too kind!

Anonymous said...

If I don't see dirt, it isn't really there. Why should one clean if it doesn't really look dirty? I may have to come up with an optional name since I have the name as one of the bloggers. Maybe we can discuss it over lunch some Sunday when the Bears aren't playing.

Amy said...

The last time you left a comment, it took me about a half a day to figure out it wasn't me. lol